01 October 2012

Banned Books Week 2012: September 30 - October 6



Banned Books Week is back - celebrating 30 years of advocating for literature and readers' rights.  (They've got great "Banned" and "Forbidden" artwork this year that, for some reason, Blogger thinks the .jpeg isn't an image or video. *ruh-roh* )

I've done individual book posts in the past (my Johnny Got His Gun post is still one of the most visited posts which makes me think that the book is still on school curriculae - good) but I've got a busy week this week and I'd rather focus on reading books.  To that end I intend to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower (which I've never read) and start on Salman Rushdie's memoir Joseph Anton (as well as read Daphne du Maurier's The Doll short story collection for BNBC)I may also post a bit about my thoughts on book challenges.

So get out there and read!  (Got my "I read Banned Books" button ready on my nametag at the store.)

Current book-in-progress: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Joseph Anton, and The Doll
Current knitted item: Shrug (I think I have a Christmas stocking or two to finish...)
Current movie obsession: Headhunters is streaming on Netflix!!  Now I can watch Jaime Lannister Nikolaj Coster-Waldau all dressed up and clean in a suit.  Yummy.
Current iTunes loop: Mumford & Sons Sigh No More (yeah, yeah, I know they have a new album but I was just introduced to the band so I'm trying the previous album on for size)

2 comments:

  1. I love banned books week! I hope you enjoy Perks too, it's really pwoerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it so far - excellent writing.

      Delete