14 October 2012

#readathon 2012 wrap-up!

Well, another 24-hour readathon has come to a close.  I didn't read as much or as long this time (needing to sleep eventually won out) but I had a decently healthy stack of done/mostly-done books:
 

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (previously started, finished)
The Best American Science Writing 2012 (finished)
Why Jane Austen? (previously started, finished)
McSweeney's Joke Book of Book Jokes (finished)
An Infamous Army (previously started, too much at 2am so unfinished)

The page count ended up at 819 pages read.  Not too shabby.

Thanks as always to the Readathon organizers and cheerleaders!  Mwah!

If you haven't, and are interested, please comment on my readathon give-away post.  Odds are very favorable right now!



In parting, I'd like to share this photo I took on this gray, rainy Iowa October Sunday.  One of those days where color contrasts always pop.  It's just a shrub outside the Starbucks, but I loved the red and green surprise.

 






 



2 comments:

  1. Good job on the read-a-thon! 819 pages is pretty good. I mostly listened to audiobooks because I was packing up my apartment...and I got less than 100 pages read in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your readathon success!

    ReplyDelete