31 July 2008

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig

I think the first part of that rhyme goes "To market, to market..." but I don't remember the rest.

I'm home again after Conclave. Great fun was had by all. Saw lots of old friends but if you're looking for Fraternity gossip, you won't find it here. Ha! But I do have a confession: I was probably the only one there who brought 6 books, four journals, and three knitting projects (I don't know what possessed me to bring all that, it's not like there's a lot of scheduled down-time where people go off by themselves).

However, probably consequent to going to Conclave, my six-year-old laptop has decided that it's about time to die. It gave me the "blue screen of death" twice between Sunday and Wednesday which scares me to death. I've got the memory backed-up but it is much easier to transfer from one to the other not via the back-up drive.

But it's my birthday soon and I've been looking at laptops. I've been drooling over the Tablet PCs for a while now - Best Buy has an HP Pavilion that comes with all the bells and whistles and is pretty reasonably priced. The Vaio's look pretty nice, too. No Macs, please. I'm going to throw a printer into the package because mine died about 2 years ago (6 years of use is not bad for a cheap-ass printer from Wal-mart).

I'm tired. This week is like hell-week for me and I've got two days to go (tomorrow night being the Breaking Dawn release party - 300 crazy teenagers, please shoot me now, thanks).

Current book-in-progress: Rebecca, The Green Knight, and Agnes Grey (not quite finished); the next BN Recommends came out this week - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - and it's really good!
Current knitted item: Baby booties for Rachel's babies and socks
Current movie obsession: I have not watched anything since I got home but I do have Secretary, Donnie Darko, and Slings and Arrows vol 1 sitting on top of the TV
Current iTunes loop: "Showtunes" playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment