16 August 2009

Quote of the Day

It's Anime Iowa this weekend so the Coralville Marriott is full-up to the gills with anime aficionados (I do not partake; I went to the LYS and a baby shower instead*). Many attendees wear costumes, some get-ups much better and well-planned than others.

My friend media_zombie is attending Anime Iowa this year but this evening she decided to grab some "real food" at Old Chicago rather than at the rave. So I picked her up and we met Jackie there and had a good 'ol time.** On the way back to the Marriott, we had to make sure not to run over Anime Iowa attendees who were crossing the five lanes of traffic to get to the rave; it was kind of hard not to miss seeing them since nearly all were in costume. As I drove down the Marriott entrance, I noticed one guy's "costume" and the conversation went:

Me: Is that guy wearing only gym shorts and a Santa hat as a costume?
Media_zombie: Yes, but he has a rave stick, so that makes it OK.

Hahahaha. True story.

*Since I finished Rebekah's baby cardie (for her baby shower today) and I had a $10 coupon I of course had to go buy new yarn for myself. Pretty yarn, pretty, pretty yarn. This is generally the subject for a blog post later.
**I finished my Old Chicago Beer Tour. Meaning I drank 110 different beers. Now, before you start thinking that I'm the biggest lush ever I would like to point out that I started my account back when I was with my ex-fiancee...about 10 years ago...so take from that what you will. But I am very (very) proud that Bud and Miller were not entered on my tour count.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. That's awesome. Wish I was there with Media zombie.

    ReplyDelete