06 November 2009

New Project: Best American Series

Because I am completely nuts, and need a way to organize my reading, I am starting another project.  I, more or less, hope that this helps moderate my ADD reading habits but I'm thinking probably not.

Of late, I've become enamoured of the Best American series from Houghton Mifflin.  I would like to read all of them, particularly those in the science/nature, essay, non-required reading, and short-story genre (mystery and travel writing may sneak in there, too, but I'm not terribly interested in the sports writing category).  I'm not really calling this a challenge, because the series is perpetual at this point in time, but I would like to catch up on the last few years before the 2010 volumes come out.  I think I will hit up the used bookstores in town for some of the much older volumes (and to save a bit of money).

Hooray, for new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment