22 February 2009

Oscar Party, post-party blues

Sigh. The Oscars have come and gone for another year and here I be, cleaning up the leftovers. No cool after-paries for me. Sigh.

Just kidding. I had a small Oscar-viewing party for a few friends and one long-distance one (IM worked great until something started to interfere with the wireless signal). Pasta, wine, pie, banana bread ,and Jackie's shopping spree of snacks (she brought trail mix, mmmm). We all had a good time. I really liked the new format (I'm a sucker for musical numbers, particularly with Hugh Jackman) especially the previous acting award winners coming out to honor each of the nominees prior to the announcement of the winner. It was fun.

KATE WON! KATE WON!! KATE WON!!!! eeee!!!!! yay!!!!!!!

I haven't had the opportunity to see Slumdog Millionaire yet but I'm going to try and find it. Somewhere. I might have to remain uncool and wait until it comes out on DVD.

Edit: I could do with fewer showings of Know1ing; I have no desire to see that movie. Additionally, remaking Fame is movie sacreliege; it is going to look like High School Musical Harlem-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment