29 April 2011

Congrats, Will and Kate!

No, I did not get up at some obscene hour of the morning to watch the wedding in full.  Are you nuts?

That's what the Internet is for, picture and video recap.  The only thing I was really curious about was Kate's dress because she has a good eye for design and a very clean, simple style in her everyday wear; I was a little worried that people would get carried away and froth her up so I was pleased to see the Alexander McQueen gown...beautiful.  The Fug Girls (http://www.gofugyourself.com/) have live-blogs and re-caps for all the wedding finery, particularly the hats, and they do a much better job than I.

So congrats, Will and Kate, may you be very, very happy, although I think we're supposed to call you HRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge now.  But I'm older than you, so you're still Will and Kate.  Ha!

(Also, to that daft idiot who is already wondering what Kate will be called when she's queen...that's nasty, dude, Prince Charles is in excellent health and there's no reason why he wouldn't succeed his mother and then William succeed him; Kate's title and style as Queen Consort is a very, very long way down the road)

No comments:

Post a Comment