10 August 2009

Musing Mondays: Favorite Houses


Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

Do you have a favourite publishing house -- one that puts out books that you constantly find yourself wanting to read? If so, who? And, what books have they published that you've loved? (question courtesy of MizB)


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT on Rebecca's blog with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post or share your opinion in a comment (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks.

I'm very much into having book spines and things that match/are similar - they look soooo pretty lined up on my shelves - so I love lines like Penguin Classics (and Deluxe Classics), HarperPerennial PS, Oxford World's Classics, Norton Critical Editions, or Barnes and Noble Classics. When I'm buying backlist titles, I always look to see what editions are available in imprints that I already own. It's a freaky OCD thing.

When buying newer books (especially hardcovers) I really don't have a "go to" publishing house. I don't usually look at publisher when finding good things to read. I do like to look at the academic presses to see what's new but I don't have a specific example at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment