27 July 2009

Musing Mondays: Online Book Sites


Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...
Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about online book sites…

Do you have an account with an online book database site (LibraryThing, Shelfari, GoodReads etc)? If so, do you have a preference? Do you use it for - your own record keeping? finding new books to read? social networking?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog), and make sure to comment on Rebecca's original post. Thanks.

Haha! I did a Goodreads post last night, how crazy is that for anticipation? As previously posted, I do have a Goodreads account and have just re-started using it - as in seriously using it - but I don't have Shelfari or LibraryThing. Which is probably a good thing. I also have a My B&N page which I tend to update slightly more often because I'm on the Barnes and Noble Book Clubs website far more often because of my moderating duties; I also like My B&N because I can favorite CDs and DVDs, too, along with my B&N reviews and favorite B&N Review and B&N Studio pieces.

I don't use either for record-keeping, as such. I have huge Excel databases that I use for generalized keeping track of what I own and my hand-written journals to tell me what I thought of something and when I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment