01 December 2016

Ayiti by Roxane Gay

Summary from Goodreads:
The debut collection from the vibrant voice of Roxane Gay is a unique blend of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, all interwoven to represent the Haitian diaspora experience.

Brb. Gotta round up all the bits of my brain that Roxane Gay exploded out of my skull with her amazing writing.  Ayiti is a very small story collection but Gay's writing has maximum impact.  I've been holding off on reading An Untamed State due to subject matter, but one of the stories in Ayiti seems to be an early version of that book so I might be able to get through it.

Trigger warning for very frank descriptions (though not gratuitous) of abuse and rape.

Dear FTC: You bet your butt I bought my copy of this book - also have it signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment