01 June 2016

Wrapping up #smashyourstack: How'd you do?


All right, books down!  #SmashYourStack is officially done!  Thanks to my co-host Andi and to everyone who participated.  Be sure to add your wrap-up post in the Linky below (try to get those in in the next few weeks).

How did I do? Well, I read some books....(shocker, I know):

Books I owned before May:
Headstrong by Rachel Swaby
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Hot as Hades by Alisha Rai
The Art of Language Invention by David J. Peterson
Your Song Changed My Life by Bob Boilen
Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
How to Be a Victorian by Ruth Goodman

Books I didn't own before May (library, review copy, etc):
The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante (library)
Rapture: Poems by Sjohnna McCray (review copy)
Grief is the Thing With Feathers by Max Porter (review copy)
Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye (library)
Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders (ARC from BEA, I couldn't help myself, y'all)
Tribe by Sebastian Junger (BEA Adult Author Breakfast)
Approval Junkie by Faith Salie (BEA Adult Author Breakfast)
The Palm-Wine Drinkard and His Dead Palm-Wine Tapster in the Dead's Town by Amos Tutola (library)

Eight books I previously owned, eight books acquired in May (wherever they came from). It was a close thing, but I did hit 50%.  Just barely.  I blame BEA. Haha. I've got a few reviews to write now.

Thanks everyone and happy reading!


Linky

2 comments:

  1. The Art of Language Invention sounds fascinating. I will be looking that up as soon as I'm done typing!
    I've been doing #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks this year, and #SmashYourStack was the perfect push for me. I had my best "reading my own books" total of any month this year: 9 out of 10 were already in my library. Thank you for this inspiring challenge!
    My May reading: http://sallyallenbooks.com/2016/06/unabridged-may-read/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, BEA is a totally valid excuse!
    So many of the books you've listed are on my TBR wishlist. I'm looking forward to reading them and your reveiws of them.
    Here's the link to my wrap up: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/smashyourstacks-may-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete