02 April 2012

A Horrible Experience of Unbearable Length: a mini-review

A Horrible Experience of Unbearable Length (a phrase drawn from Ebert's review of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) is a really nice collection of Ebert's movie reviews for movies he felt were on the failing side. He and I almost always have the same opinion on movies so I enjoy both his opinion and the seemingly effortless way he writes them. I've read his first two collections of bad movie reviews (I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie and Your Movie Sucks), would love to read the next.

We disagreed on Thor (I had so much fun watching this movie, I bought the Blu-ray+digital copy, but he only gave it 1.5 stars - did we watch the same thing?  In the gamut of movies to hate on, this is not one them) and Your Highness (I hated it so much - thank god I didn't actually pay extra money to see it since I have HBO - I would have given it maybe 0.25 stars only because there are things like Human Centipede that exist to deserve zero stars but Ebert gave Your Highness a full star).

No comments:

Post a Comment