23 October 2011

Readathon 2011: Wrap-it up! #readathon

After a little make-up-for-sleep reading this morning I can call my readathon at an end!

I was too lazy to get up this morning so I read whatever was in my reach:  The Deed by Lynsay Sands (a re-read, but it was on the nightstand and it is amusing, very quick-to read) and then 16 pages of I, Juan de Pareja...at which point I knew I was readathonned out and in serious manuscipt-editing-withdrawal.  So I went to Lowe's and bought a new garbage disposal and kitchen faucet (and Lowe's is installing them for me because I got a deal on having both done at once) then to Capanna to edit without the cats attaching themselves to my laptop.

But I am mega-satisfied with the number of books read and my page count!



Books read/finished (in order, bottom up, finished books in the left, partials on the right):
  • All Wound Up  (201 pages)
  • Best American Short Stories, intro and first three stories (74 pages)
  • Shatter Me (342 pages)
  • The Sea of Monsters (279 pages)
  • The Titan's Curse (312 pages)
  • Death and the Penguin (228 pages)
  • The Deed (372 pages)
  • I, Juan de Pareja (16 pages)
TOTAL PAGE COUNT: 1824 pages (huzzah! and holy cats!  No wonder my eyeballs were ready to drop out of my head!)

I finished six books (six more books added to my Goodreads Challenge to read 100 books this year!) and started two more.  Not too shabby!

Can't wait for the next 'thon and I hope I can participate (maybe I'll have a mini-readathon the next weekend I am not working).

Oh, and I toted all my stuff this weekend in this:



My super-awesome Penguin totebag which sums up this weekend perfectly:

No comments:

Post a Comment