19 January 2011

The Complete Booker Challenge 2011


Sweet!  Trying again for the Booker Challenge (and add to my Booker Project).  I plan to start with the "Pix-a-Mix of Six" level:
The Sea, the Sea by Iris Murdoch
The Sea by John Banville (which I think is coming out as a movie this year, so I should read it)
 Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Bone People by Keri Hulme (the new Penguin Ink cover is awesome)

If I finish those I'll bump up the goal to "The Booker's Dozen" (pefect opportunity to read Possession again).

2 comments:

  1. I love the Penguin Ink cover of THE BONE PEOPLE. I have it in a different edition and haven't read it yet but I've been tempted to buy the Penguin Ink version just because it's so neat-looking. I keep telling myself then I'd actually read it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually saw it on the shelf and thought it was pretty sweet - then I read Penguin 75 and realized it was a rejacketed Booker! I couldn't pass it up after that, haha

    ReplyDelete