24 September 2009

D-i-e-t is such a downer

I need to put my bookshelves on a diet (Swapna's challenge should help with that). I should also avoid accumulating more books. Easier said than done.

I've done pretty good with book-buying avoidance so far this month. Instead of the normal number of "many, many books purchased" I've only bought four so far and received another two in the mail. I'd say that's pretty good for book-aholic old me.


Books bought:
The Annotated Wizard of Oz (Centennial Edition)
The Short Novels of John Steinbeck
Say You're One of Them*
Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall

Books acquired in other ways:
The Postmistress (for B&N First Look Book Club)
The Lacuna

Not bad, huh? However, I will have to buy another book this month....I found a new reading guide to Proust and finishing Swann's Way is definitely on the list for the next year/this year/anytime I can finish it in my lifetime.


Current books-in-progress: The Naked and the Dead, The Satanic Verses, and American Psycho (I'm a little behind on my first challenge)
Current knitted item: Cardie is completely knitted, must visit fabric store on Saturday to buy 16 buttons, what to knit on now...I do have another sweater pattern/yarn for pattern in the drawer....
Current movie obsession: Sleuth and I'd really like to see the original Fame again before the re-make comes out (ps, have you seen the tie-in product for the re-make?? It looks like some sanitized, High-School-Musical, Noxzema-commerical crap and I really hope it keeps at least some of the grittiness from the original)
Current iTunes loop: Reading playlist

*Did not buy this because of Oprah, just FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment