15 May 2008

Say what?

People have been telling me really random things lately. Examples:

Some lady was telling me how much she loved Barbara Walters. According to her, Barbara Walters was the first woman in China. Who knew?

The city buses are crawling with parolees. Today one of them persisted in telling me he'd just been released from jail where he'd been incarcerated for selling methamphetamine (no, he did not use the word "incarcerate"). Joe Convict then proceeded to tell me he had to shave his head because of lice. Mmmmmm....I don't normally wear headphones in public but they definitely came out of the bag after that. Didn't matter that the iPod battery was dead. I pretended it was working. And got off the bus one stop earlier than normal. I didn't care about the walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment