17 September 2006

Afghan = DONE

Finished the afghan last night - just need to weave the remaining ends in a block it a bit. Single crochet edges roll a bit I've noticed (not like stockinette). Yay to the Hawks for winning and having a bad first half so I could be irritated and crochet like mad.

Now I'm on to finishing the Christmas stocking.

Current book-in-progress: Diane Setterfield's first novel The Thirteenth Tale. The manuscript started a bidding war in the publishing industry. I was hooked after I read an excerpt so I had to buy it. Setterfield used to teach French Literature and is a devotee of Andre Gide - it's an honest-to-God piece of literary fiction. Check it out on the BN website - it's the first book in BN's new "Recommends" program. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?ISBN=0743298020&z=y&cds2Pid=9481
Current knitted item: The Christmas stocking. I think once I finish the embroidery I'm going to single crochet the seam since I hate sewing seams more than I hate doing embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment