01 June 2009

Musing Mondays: Stick-with-it-ness



MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by Rebecca:

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about sticking with it…


How much time (or how many pages) do you give a book that you aren't really enjoying before you'll set it aside? If you're reading it for a book group discussion, or for review, will you give it more of a chance then, say, a book you're reading for your own interest? Why, or why not? (courtesy of MizB)

I'm kind of stubborn in that I try and finish every book I start...might take me months or years to come back to it but if it's in my house I try and finish it (the last book I definitively didn't finish was Blindness by Jose Saramago and that's because it had to go back to the library due to being recalled; I'll get back to it ;) ); the book journals come in handy that way. Now that I think about it, the only books I cull from my home are ones that I have finished and no longer want. If I'm reading a book for my BNBC group (this month is The Nine Tailors, hint hint so come learn about change-ringing), for class, or for review I make myself finish it. As posted elsewhere I'm a little ADD/startitis-y about my reading and knitting so I have many things started at once and wander back and forth amongst my started books and knitting projects until they are finished.

I'm a little type-A around the edges. Maybe I should try the 50 page rule for things that don't need to be finished. Or be less stubborn (fat chance).

1 comment:

  1. I'm not stubborn when it comes to books that are not holding my interest.

    ReplyDelete