03 June 2009

A Book Meme (it's making the rounds!)

I got this off Rebecca :) who got it off Beth Fish Reads who was tagged by Smash (and from there I'm not sure from whence it came)

1. What author do you own the most books by?
Oh dear, that might run close between Margaret Atwood, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Jasper Fforde, Virgina Woolf, and Vogue Knitting (and yes, I had to consult the spreadsheet just to get this far)

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Pride and Prejudice, Winnie-the-Pooh (because there are several permutations), The Eyre Affair or The Canterbury Tales

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
Not terribly, but I wasn't reading anything with formal style, either.

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Captain Frederick Wentworth from Persuasion

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
Winnie-the-Pooh
hands down

6. Favorite book as a ten year old?
The One Hundredth Thing About Caroline by Lois Lowry

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom; it wouldn't be half so bad of Bloom didn't run on and on about how wonderful a character is Falstaff (particularly when the subject at hand is Hamlet). I'm still only about half done with the book. *sigh*

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Either The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson or Drood by Dan Simmons

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
Winnie-the-Pooh - life lessons from the Bear of Very Little Brain

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

12. What is your favorite book?
Sort-of covered by question 2 (minus the Chaucer - did name one of the cats after Chaucer, though) plus Little Women and Jane Eyre

13. Play?
Henry V, Hamlet, or Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

14. Poem?
Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti

15. Essay?
Hmmmm, I'm not a fantastic reader of essays but I'd have to go with Virgina Woolf A Room of One's Own particularly the one about Shakespeare's sister (if he had one).

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Stephenie Meyer (I couldn't actually change this from Rebecca's list - I agreed too much!)

17. What is your desert island book?
I wish never to be stranded on a desert island....ever. I couldn't have just one book. Even my carry-on when I flew to Vienna (which was an overnight flight, so presumably I would be asleep) had four books in it with another three in the suitcase. Desert islands are my nightmare.

18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan (ARC)
The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers
Henry VIII and His Court by Alison Weir
Burnt Shadows by Kamlia Shamsie
The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
that blasted Shakespeare and, oh, anything I manage to pick up in my start-itis addled state.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun meme. Good answers! And look how many books you're reading all at once. I can manage only a print and an audio.

    ReplyDelete