- Remember where the blog title/subtitle will go. My first ten shots had no room for the text.
- Iron your backdrop. (I ironed and ironed....the remaining wrinkles will need to be Photoshopped out.)
- Think about tying the color into the blog theme. I went through soooo many piles of books until I found several that were representative of everything I read but had cover designs that wouldn't clash. Ditto with the knitting.
- You will not need all that stuff you gathered up for the photo. My original set-up included a "Keep calm and carry yarn" knitting bag, Christina Rossetti's Complete Poems from Penguin, the Norton Anthology of Poetry, and my three-headed dragon puppet (he's blue, I like him alot) plus all the pointe shoes and books. Oh, and Chaucer because he thought there should be a cat in the shot, too. I took pictures and pared down and shot and pared down.... It took two hours.
- Shadows = the devil. The lighting in my house is terrible. I jerry-rigged a desk lamp to help with the shadows.
- Patience. Patience. Patience.
And pet the kittehs. They get jealous and underfoot if you don't.