21 January 2011

It's #Bloggiesta weekend! A tiny, tiny goal for me

Natasha is hosting Bloggiesta again this year!  Happy 4th Bloggiesta!  (If you're wondering, it's like a "working weekend" where bloggers do housekeeping on their sites, a little pruing, maybe a few mini-challenges and help each other out).

I did some Bloggiesta-ing last year - added my header picture and changed up the template to something a little more custom designed - but I won't be really joining in since I'm still unpacking boxes.  Although I could work on the Reading Chemistry blog...hmmmm....maybe.

But anywhoo the reason for this post has to do with programming.  I really don't understand how blog templates set out widgets, colors, columns, etc. and I have no idea how to read the code (I know a little bit about HTML but this seems to be CSS).  So this is my tiny, tiny Bloggiesta goal.  Ready?

Bloggiesta 2011 goal: Find a book/good reference so I can start to understand how blog templates/websites are put together so that next time we Bloggiesta I will be able to do some more customization/cleanup.

So this is where everyone else comes in - do you have good reference material that you use when you do tweaks and updates?  Books or websites are fine so tell me your faves!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh that's nice I've never heard of that (Bloggiesta) I normally change my blogs' looks on christmas and summer. Anyway most of the websites I use are in spanish but there are a few in english (maybe they'll come in handy) ;) Good luck!

    http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=widget (nice widget to link previous blog posts to a current blog post)

    http://btemplates.com/ (nice templates and links to other templates catalogs)

    http://www.widgetbox.com/widgets/ (awesome widgets)

    so far these are the ones I've got and use the most, I hope they are of help!!

    ReplyDelete