01 January 2010

New Books for the New Year

I didn't go crazy this Christmas buying books for myself (I bought a nook so the acquisitions budget is a little thin) but I did get a few for myself, one for Christmas (yay), and a couple with my gift card today.

Books bought:
The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley (recommended by Kat)
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger (as hard as it is to believe, I have never owned this; when I read it previously I was reading my dad's copy from college)
The Life and Times of Chaucer by John Gardner
The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart by Jesse Bullington (recommended by the awesome SF/Fantasy moderator at the BNBC, Paul Goat Allen)
Return to the Hundred Acre Wood by David Benedictus
Love Letters of Great Women edited by Urula Doyle
The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch
The Sea by John Banville
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
The Elements: A Visual Explanation of Every Known Atom in the Universe by Theodore Gray
(ok, so that's more than a few but it is spread out over a month and not as many as last year)

Book I received for Christmas:
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho (it's a UK edition courtesy of my SIL's ability to bargain shop - cool!)

I also got some James Bond DVDs (awesome) and the Harry Potter Clue boardgame; I bought another boardgame - Liebrary - with another gift card (got a few of those).

1 comment:

  1. I would like to read The Lightning Thief.

    ReplyDelete