03 March 2011

Waterfall Socks

Since I luuurrve sock yarn, I occasionally make socks:


These are made from Wendy Johnson's "Waterfall Socks" pattern.  I think it was published in her book Wendy Knits but is available at her site for free.

The yarn is Mini Mochi from Crystal Palace Yarns.  The striping pattern makes "fraternal twins", completely unpredictable, and I love it.
The pattern calls for a Turkish cast-on for the toe and a short row heel (after finishing the second sock I realized that I had done the toe increases slightly different on each sock - one is pointer than the other, oh well).  The eyelet pattern is pretty easy to memorize - if you can count to four; I pretty well borked up the first sock because I forgot how to count to four.

Of course, I had to put them on right away, I made them for me! (My feet get cold at night while I'm asleep - not sure why, since they're under the covers, but I have cold feet.)
Pretty!!

I already casted-on for my next project - Melissa Wehrle's "Origami Shrug" from the Brave New Knits book.  408 stitches in the round to cast-on - oy!


2 comments:

  1. I love them! I really like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Hey, the socks look good!

    ReplyDelete